Multi-constrained Least Cost QoS Routing Algorithm
To obtain multi-constrained QoS path with minimal cost, a least-cost QoS routing algorithm–LBPSA (Lagrangian Branch-and-bound path selection algorithm) is presented. This algorithm uses Lagrangian relaxation to obtain the lower bound and the upper bound of the least cost of multi-constrained QoS path. And finds the multi-constrained QoS path with least cost by branch-and-bound method. In solving the Lagrangian multiplier problem, it introduced a new iteration method. Through recursion from destination to source based on branch-and-bound scheme, the least-cost multi-constrained path is obtained. The proposed algorithm has a pseudopolynomial running time. The simulation shows that the algorithm can find the path with high success ratio and low complexity. To the topology in reality, the success ratio of the algorithm is very high.
KeywordsMinimum Span Tree Lagrangian Relaxation Success Ratio Iteration Time Feasible Path
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Crawley, E., Nair, R., Rajagopalan, B., et al.: A framework for QoS-based routing in the Internet. RFC 2386 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Ma, Q., Steenkiste, P.: Quality-of-Service routing with performance guarantees. In: Proceedings of the 4th International IFIP Workshop on Quality of Service, IFIP WG6.1, New York (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Juttner, A., Szviatovski, M.B.I., et al.: Lagrange relaxation based method for the QoS routing problem. In: Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM 2001, pp. 859–868. IEEE Communication Society (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Ahuja, K., Magnanti, L.: Network Flows: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.Korkmaz, T., Krunz, M.: Multi-Constrained Optimal Path Selection. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 834–843 (2001)Google Scholar