SCTP Mobility Highly Coupled with Mobile IP
This paper presents results, which have obtained by extensive simulations for Mobile IP (MIP) and Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) from the perspective of mobility support in wireless Internet. After illustrating the problem in the existing Mobile SCTP and SCTP over Mobile IP for diverse cases, we propose SCTP highly coupled with MIP for realizing seamless mobility. In this thesis we use ns2 with SCTP module to compare the throughput and end-to-end delay for packet transmission associated with the Mobile SCTP, SCTP over Mobile IP, and the proposed approach. Simulation results show that our proposed approaches achieve better performance than other proposals.
KeywordsMobile Node Internet Protocol Mobility Management Congestion Window Mobility Support
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stewart, R., Xie, Q., et al.: Stream Control Transmission Protocol. RFC 2960 in IETF (October 2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Perkins, C.: IP Mobility Support. RFC 3344 in IETF (August 2002) Google Scholar
- 3.Riegel, M., Tuexen, M.: Mobile SCTP, draft-riegel-tuexen-mobile-sctp-01.txt (February 2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Noonan, J., Perry, P., Murphy, J.: A Study of SCTP Services in a Mobile-IP Network. In: Proc. of IT&T Annual Conference, 30-21 (October 2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Stewart, R., Xie, Q.: SCTP extensions for Dynamic Reconfiguration of IP Addresses.draft-ietf-tsvwg-addip-sctp-07.txt”,work in progress (February 2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Baba, S., Nakajima, N., Schulzrinne, H.: M-SCTP: Design And Prototypical Implementation Of An End-To-End Mobility Concept. In: Proc. Of 5th International Workshop, Berlin, Germany (October 2002)Google Scholar
- 7.UC Berkeley, LBL, USC/ISI, and Xerox Parc, version 2.1b8 (2001), http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns
- 8.Goff, T., Moronski, J., Phatak, D.S., Gupta, V.: Freeze-TCP: A true end-to-end TCP enhancement mechanisms for mobile environments. In: INFOCOM 2000, 19th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, Proceedings, March 2000, vol. 3, IEEE, Los Alamitos (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Brown, K., Singh, S.: M-TCP:TCP for Mobile Cellular Networks. ACM Computer Communications Review(CCR) 27(5) (1997)Google Scholar