Synchronization Errors Resistant Detector for OFDM Systems
An OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) detector both resistant to frequency and time offset is proposed in this paper. The detector combines a modified frequency offset estimation technique based on the one presented by P.H. Moose in , with a Minimum Mean Square Error (MMSE) techniques for time offset correction. Results show that the frequency offset estimation can be performed even when the time offset is unknown, within a given interval, followed with correction of the distortion of the received signal caused by the time offset by the means of an adaptive filter.
KeywordsOrthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Minimum Mean Square Error Carrier Frequency Offset Current Phase Pilot Symbol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Gudmundson, M., Anderson, P.O.: Adjacent Channel Interference in an OFDM System. In: Proc. Vehicular Tech. Conf., Atlanta, GA, May 1996, pp. 191–193 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Van de Beek, J.-J., Sandell, M., B.P.O.: ML Estimation of time and Frequency offset in OFDM system. IEEE Trans. Sig. Proc. 45(7), 1800–1805 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Dusan Matic, A.R.J.M., Prasad, R.: OFDM timing synchronisation: Posibilities and Limits to the usage of the Cyclic Prefix for Maximum Likelihood Estimation. In: Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC 1999), Amsterdam (September 1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Minn, H., Zeng, M., Bhargava, V.K., Fellow, IEEE: On timing Offset Estimation for OFDM systems. Communication letters. CL 1035Google Scholar
- 8.Stefan Kaiser, D.-I.: Multicarrier CDMA Mobile Radio Systems – Analysis and Optimization of Detection, Decoding, and Channel Estimation. Telecommunications Research Laboratories. MünchenGoogle Scholar
- 9.Bar-Ness, Y., Solá, R.: Adaptive Scheme for Joint Frequency and Time Offset Correction over OFDM systems. Accepted paper for PIMRC 2004, Barcelona (September 2004)Google Scholar