Dimensioning of Wireless Links Sharing Voice and Data
An algorithm for wireless link dimensioning using an approximation technique that allows the decomposition of a two-dimensional Markov chain in two one-dimensional chains is presented. The algorithm was applied to GSM/GPRS links considering as service quality parameters, the voice blocking probability, the data blocking probability and the data waiting average time. The number of channels and the preemption threshold of voice channel over the data channel have been determined, illustrating the adequacy and efficiency of the considered algorithm.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ETSI TS 101 350, General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), Overall Description of the GPRS Radio Interface, Stage 2 (1999). Google Scholar
- 3.Kalden, R., Meirick, I., Meyer, M.: Wireless Internet Access Based on GPRS. IEEE Personal Communications, 8–18 (April 2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, W., Wu, J.C., Liu, H.: Performance Analysis of Radio Resource Allocation in GSM/GPRS Networks. In: Vehicular Technology Conference, Proceedings. VTC 2002-Fall. 2002 IEEE 56th, vol. 3, pp. 1461–1465 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Meo, M., Marsan, M.A., Batetta, C.: Resource Management Policies in GPRS Wireless Internet Access Systems. In: Proceedings of DNS 2002 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Ni, S., Haggman, S.: GPRS performance estimation in GSM circuit switched services and GPRS shared resource systems. In: Proceedings of IEEE WCNC 1999, vol. 3, pp. 1417–1421 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Bear, D.: Principles of Telecommunications – Traffic Engineering. Peter Peregrinus LTD (1976)Google Scholar
- 12.Lasdon, L.S.: Optimization Theory for Large Systems. Macmillan Series in Operations Research (1970)Google Scholar