Reliability of LSP Criteria
We analyze the reliability of results obtained using the Logic Scoring of Preference (LSP) method for evaluation and comparison of complex systems. For each pair of competitive systems our goal is to compute the level of confidence in system ranking. The confidence is defined as the probability that the system ranking remains unchanged regardless of the criterion function parameter errors. We propose a simulation technique for the analysis of the reliability of ranking. The simulator is based on specific models for selection of random weights and random degrees of andness/orness. The proposed method is illustrated by a real life case study that investigates the reliability of evaluation and selection of a mainframe computer system.
KeywordsRandom Weight Mandatory Requirement Global Preference Competitive System Elementary Preference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Belton, V., Stewart, T.J.: Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis: an Integrated Approach. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Dujmović, J.J.: Extended Continuous Logic and the Theory of Complex Criteria. Journal of the University of Belgrade, EE Dept., Series Mathematics and Physics 537, 197–216 (1975)Google Scholar
- 6.Dujmović, J.J., Elnicki, R.: A DMS Cost/Benefit Decision Model: Mathematical Models for Data Management System Evaluation, Comparison, and Selection. National Bureau of Standards, Washington D.C., No. GCR 82-374. NTIS No. PB 82-170150, p.150 (1982)Google Scholar
- 7.Dujmović, J.J.: Preferential Neural Networks. In: Antognetti, P., Milutinović, V. (eds.) Neural Networks - Concepts, Applications, and Implementations. Prentice-Hall Advanced Reference Series, vol. II,ch.7, pp. 155–206. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1991)Google Scholar
- 8.Dujmović, J.J., Fang, W.Y.: An Empirical Analysis of Assessment Errors for Weights and Andness in LSP Criteria. This Proceedings (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Fang, W.Y.: Analysis of Reliability of LSP Criteria. MS Thesis. San Francisco State University (2004)Google Scholar