Patterns in Teaching Software Development
- 197 Downloads
This paper summarizes the results of Workshop #14 held at ECOOP 2003. The goal of this one-day workshop was to discuss ideas on what and how to teach Software Development. The workshop focused on using patterns and concrete examples. Participants were encouraged to submit a small but concrete project (documentation and the running application). Based on the project, workshop presenters were encouraged to submit a paper including fields like: Teaching environment, Important teaching areas, Pedagogy, Feedback from industry etc. As a main topic, participants discussed, that there are not enough concrete examples made public, which could help in software development.
KeywordsSoftware Development Workshop Participant Software Pattern Teaching Pattern Computer Science Curriculum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [GHJV]Gamma, E., Helm, R., Johnson, R., Vlissides, J.: Design Patterns. Addison Wesley Longman Inc, Amsterdam (1995)Google Scholar
- [POSA]Buschmann, F., Meunier, R., Rohnert, H.S., Stal, P.: Michael: Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture. A System of Patterns. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (1996)Google Scholar
- [UPEDU]Unified Process for EDUcation, http://www.upedu.org/upedu
- [BEMW]Bergin, J., Eckstein, J., Manns, M.L., Wallingford, E.: Patterns for Gaining Different Perspectives. In: Proceedings of PLoP (2001)Google Scholar
- [ELSS]Eckstein, J., Manns, M.L., Sharp, H., Sipos, M.: Patterns for Teaching Effectively. In: EuroPLoP (2003)Google Scholar
- [EMMW]Eckstein, J., Manns, M.L., Wallingford, E.: Patterns for Experiential Learning. In: Proceedings of EuroPLoP (2001)Google Scholar
- [KV]Voigt, K.: Big Picture on a Small Scale (BPSS) Pattern, http://www-lifia.info.edu.ar/ppp/pp46
- [WS14]Workshop website, http://www.gdf.hu/progtanszek/angster/ecoop03