Towards a Formal Specification for the AgentComponent
In this paper we present the AgentComponent (AC) approach under formal aspects. A multi agent system (MAS) is composed of AC instances, where each AC instance consists of a knowledge base, storing the beliefs, of slots, storing the communication partners, of a set of ontologies, and of so-called ProcessComponents (PC) representing the behaviours of an AC instance. An AC is a generic component that can be reused (instantiated ACs) and parametrized by customizing the communication partners (slots), the ontologies, the knowledge and the behaviours of an AC instance. The focus of this paper is to introduce the basic AC approach and to define a formal specification using the Object Constraint Language (OCL) for this approach. In the first part we present an informal description of the AC approach and show how to construct a component-based MAS by a simple example. The second part of this paper presents a metamodel for the AC approach and provides a formal specification for the services of the generic AC.
KeywordsMulti Agent System Class Diagram Communication Partner Object Constraint Language Agent Technology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.agentTool Website, http://www.cis.ksu.edu/~sdeloach/ai/agentool.htm
- 2.AGIL Website, http://www1.faw.uni-ulm.de/kbeans/agil/
- 3.D’Souza, D.F., Wills, A.C.: Objects, Components and Frameworks With UML. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.FIPA-OS Website, http://www.emorphia.com/research/about.htm
- 6.Lind, J.: Relating Agent Technology and Component Models (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Wooldridge, M., Ciancarini, P.: Agent-Oriented Software Engineering: The State of the Art. Agent-Oriented Software Engineering. Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes, vol. 1957 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Object Constraint Language Specification, http://www.cvc.uab.es/shared/teach/a21291/apunts/OCL/apunts/OCL-Specifi%cation.pdf
- 10.Meier, P.: Visual Construction of Multi-Agent-Systems according to the AgentComponent Approach and the RDT Concept, Technical Report, http://www.pst.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/publications/agentcomponenttool.pdf
- 11.Meier, P., Wirsing, M.: Implementation Patterns for Visual Construction of Multi-Agent-Systems, Technical Report, http://www.pst.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/publications/acpatterns.pdf
- 12.Zeus Website, http://184.108.40.206/projects/agents.htm