Research on Integrating Ordbms and Rough Set Theory
It is a new application area that integrating rough set theory and ORDBMS to implement data mining in ORDBMS. A suitable rough set algebra must be designed to implement the tight coupling between rough set and ORDBMS. Equivalence matrices algebra doesn’t meet this requirement and must be extended. We extend the equivalence matrices algebra to define the low and upper approximation, relative core and reduction. A prototype system has been designed and implemented in our research, called RSORDMS, adding data mining capabilities to ORDBMS while preserving its traditional power. In the prototype system, a technique is adopted which combines rough set with SQL to make data cleaning and core computation very fast, which can be proved by experiments. The whole prototype system has a good performance.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Han, J.W.: Data Mining. Higher Education Press, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.O’Neil, P.: Database: principles, programming and performance. China Machine Press, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Guoyin, W.: Rough set theory and knowledge acquisition. Press of Xi’an Jiao Tong University (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.XiaoHua, H., Cercone, N.: Learning in relational databases: a rough set approach. Computational Intelligence 11(2), 338–347 (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Shao-hui, L., Zhong-zhi, S.: Research on efficient algorithms for rough set methods. Chinese Journal of Computers 26(5), 524–529 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Urman, S.: ORACLE8i Advanced PL/SQL Programming. China Machine Press, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Tan, T.-L., Song, Z.-H., Li, P.: Matrix computation for data cleaning and rule extraction in information system. In: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Beijing, pp. 116–120 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Dong-yi, Y., Zhao-jiong, C.: A new discernibility matrix and the computation of a core. ACTA electronic SINICA 30(7), 1086–1088 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Zheng, Z., Wang, G.Y., Wu, Y.: Objects’ Combination Based Simple Computation of Attribute Core. In: Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, Canada, pp. 513–519 (2002)Google Scholar