Rasiowa-Sikorski Style Relational Elementary Set Theory
A Rasiowa-Sikorski proof system is presented for an elementary set theory which can act as a target language for translating propositional modal logics. The proposed system permits a modular analysis of (modal) axioms in terms of deductive rules for the relational apparatus. Such an analysis is possible even in the case when the starting modal logic does not possess a first-order correspondent. Moreover, the formalism enables a fine-tunable and uniform analysis of modal deductions in a simple and purely set-theoretic language.
KeywordsModal logic relational systems translation methods
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [DO00]Düntsch, I., Orłowska, E.: A proof system for contact relation algebras. Journal of Philosophical Logic (29), 241–262 (2000)Google Scholar
- [FO95]Frias, M., Orłowska, E.: A proof system for fork algebras and its applications to reasoning in logics based on intuitionism. Logique et Analyse (150-151-152), 239–284 (1995)Google Scholar
- [FOP03]Formisano, A., Omodeo, E.G., Policriti, A.: Three-variable statements of set-pairing (2003) (submitted)Google Scholar
- [Jec78]Jech, T.J.: Set theory. Springer, New York (1978)Google Scholar
- [SO96]Demri, S., Orłowska, E.: Logical analysis of demonic nondeterministic programs. Theoretical Computer Science (166), 173–202 (1996)Google Scholar