New Approach for Secure and Efficient Metering in the Web Advertising
In this paper, we present secure and efficient metering scheme to measure the number of interactions between clients and servers in the web advertising. In most cases the web advertising consists of advertisers, clients, servers, and an audit agency. The metering scheme should always be secure against fraud attempts by servers, which maliciously try to inflate the number of their visits and against clients that attempt to disrupt the metering process. We propose secure and efficient metering scheme based on cryptographic techniques. By analyzing the proposed scheme we show that our scheme is more secure and efficient than previous schemes [2,3,5].
KeywordsWeb Advertising Metering WWW Security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Marcus, B.: Web Ad Spending to Reach $7.6 Bln. Digitrends.net Corp. CA. [Online]. Available (May2001),http://www.digitrends.net/mna/index15600.html
- 5.Dwork, C., Naor, M.: Pricing via processing or combating junk mail. In: Brickell, E.F. (ed.) CRYPTO 1992. LNCS, vol. 740, pp. 114–128. Springer, Heidelberg (1993)Google Scholar
- 6.Fiat, A., Shamir, A.: How to prove youeself. In: Odlyzko, A.M. (ed.) CRYPTO 1986. LNCS, vol. 263, pp. 641–654. Springer, Heidelberg (1987)Google Scholar
- 7.Schneier, B.: Applied cryptography, 2nd edn. pp. 29–40. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Menezes, J., Oorschot, P.C., Vanstone, S.A.: Handbook of applied cryptography. In: CRC, pp. 22–33 (1996)Google Scholar