Dispatching Mechanism of an Agent-Based Distributed Event System
In recent years, event-based communication paradigm has been extensively studied and it is considered a promising approach to develop the communication infrastructure of distributed systems. In most of previously developed event systems, events are defined as simple messages, such as records tuples, or simple objects. Our work introduces a new approach which allows events to be represented as mobile intelligent agents that are called agvents (agent event) in the context of an agent-based distributed event system, the Agvent System. In this paper, we present the dispatching mechanism implemented by the Agvent System, where agvents are responsible for determining their own paths through the network, selecting target nodes and moving themselves to these targets.
KeywordsMobile Agent Target Node Advertisement Message Computer Engineer Department Simple Message
- 1.Bacon, J., Moody, K., Bates, J., Hayton, R., Ma, C., Mcneil, A., Seidel, O., Spiteri, M.: Generic support for distributed ap-plications. IEEE Computer 33(3), 68–76 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Carzaniga, A., Wolf, A.: Content-based Networking: A New Communication Infrastructure. In: NSF Workshop on Infrastructure for Mobile -Wireless Systems (October 2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Mühl, G.: Large-scale content-based publish/subscribe systems. PhD thesis, Darmstadt University of Technology (September 2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Sahingoz, O.K., Erdogan, N.: AGVENT: Agent Based Distributed Event System. Accepted for presentation in 30th Conference on Current Trends in Theory and Practice of Computer Science (SOFSEM-2004), Czech Republic (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.FIPA Agent Communication Language Specifications (2000), HTML, http://www.fipa.org/repository/aclspecs.html