The Migrating Desktop as a GUI Framework for the “Applications on Demand” Concept
The Migrating Desktop is a ready to use GUI framework for making use of grid applications and putting into practice the “application on demand” concept. On-demand computing, contrary to the traditional approach of assigning resources to applications, refers to the concept of pooling system resources and dynamically allocating them to meet shifting demands. We introduce a ready-to-use framework for the integration of different computing systems into a comfortable working environment with support for “applications on demand”. This work is done under the EU CrossGrid project IST-2001-32243.
- 1.Development of Grid Environment for Interactive Applications. Annex 1, EUCross-Grid Project, IST-2001-32243, http://www.eucrossgrid.org/CrossGridAnnex1_v31.pdf
- 2.Polish Research on Grid Environment for SUN Servers, http://progress.psnc.pl
- 3.Bubak, M., Malawski, M., Zajac, K.: Current Status of the CrossGrid Architecture. In: Proceedings of the Cracow 2002 Grid Workshop, Kraków, Poland (December 2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Kosiedowski, M., Mazurek, C., Stroiński, M.: PROGRESS - Access Environment to Computational Services Performed by Cluster of Sun Systems. In: Proceedings of the Cracow 2002 Grid Workshop, Kraków, Poland (December 2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Kupczyk, M., Lichwała, R., Meyer, N., Palak, B., Płóciennik, M., Wolniewicz, P.: Mobile work environment for Grid Users. In: Proceedings of the Across Grids Conference, Santiago de Compostela, Spain (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Job Submission Description Language Working Group, http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~ali/WORK/GGF/JSDL-WG/