A Requirement Elicitation Method in Collaborative Software Development Community
We developed a collaborative software development community-ware whose goal is to provide practical tasks for the students in software engineering education in a university and to provide software for education purpose. We performed a pilot experimentation for the community-ware. The results show that software requesters made software change requests for not only functional aspects but also user interface. This paper proposes a user interface oriented requirement elicitation process. The process is that software requesters present functional requests and user interface design which met the requests. Then based on the requests and the user interface, developers and software requesters decide priority for each requirement in a collaborative manner.
KeywordsFunctional Requirement Release Planning Requirement Engineer Requirement Elicitation Change Request
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Deifel, B.: A Process Model for Requirements Engineering of COTS. In: Proceedings of the DEXA, pp. 316–320. IEEE CS Press, Los Alamitos (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Proceedings of the International Workshop on Global Software Development (2003), http://GSD2003.cs.uvic.ca
- 7.Komiya, S., Kato, J., Nagata, M., Ohnishi, A., Saeki, M., Yamamoto, S., Horai, H.: A Realization Method of the System to Navigate Requirements Elicitation Work Driven by Interviews. IPSJ SIGNotes SE121-13, 99-106 (1998) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 8.Lang, M., Duggan, J.: A Tool to Support Collaborative Software Requirements Management. Requirements Engineering (6), 161–172 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Raymond, E.: The Cathedral and Bazaar, http://www.tuxedo.org/~sr/writings/cathedralbazaar
- 10.Regnell, B., Beremark, P., Eklundh, O.: A Market-driven Requirements Engineering Process - Results from an Industrial Process Improvement Programme. In: Proceedings of Conference on European Industrial Requirements Engineering, CEIRE 1998 (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Saaty, T.L.: The Analytic Hierarchy Process. In: Procededings of the International Symposium of the Analytic Hierarchy Process (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.Shimakage, M., Hazeyama, A., Ishide, T.: Collaborative Software Development Communityware and Its Prelimenary Applicatiuon. In: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Knowledge Economy and Development of Science and Technology (2003)Google Scholar