Communicating Distributed H Systems with Alternating Filters
We present a variant of communicating distributed H systems where each filter is substituted by a tuple of filters. Such systems behave like original ones with the difference that at each moment we use one element of the tuple for the filtering process and this element is replaced after each use, periodically. We show that it suffices to use tuples of two filters in order to generate any recursively enumerable language, with two tubes only. We also show that it is possible to obtain the same result having no rules in the second tube which acts as a garbage collector. Moreover, the two filters in a tuple differ only in one letter. We also present different improvements and open questions.
KeywordsTest Tube Turing Machine Regular Language Garbage Collection Garbage Collector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Freund, R., Freund, F.: Test tube systems: when two tubes are enough. In: Preproceedings of DLT 1999: Developments in Languages Theory, Aachen, July 6-9, pp. 275–286 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Head, T., Păun, G., Pixton, D.: Language theory and molecular genetics. In: Rozenberg, G., Salomaa, A. (eds.) Generative mechanisms suggested by DNA recombination, Handbook of Formal Languages, vol. 2, ch. 5. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Margenstern, M., Rogozhin, Y., Verlan, S.: Time-varying distributed H systems with parallel computations: the problem is solved. In: Preproceedings of DNA 9, Madison, USA, June 1-4, pp. 47–51 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.P˘aun, G.: In: Mycielski, J., Rozenberg, G., Salomaa, A. (eds.) Structures in Logic and Computer Science. LNCS, vol. 1261, pp. 353–370. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar
- 15.Priese, L., Rogozhin, Y., Margenstern, M.: Finite H-Systems with 3 Test Tubes are not Predictable. In: Altman, R.B., Dunker, A.K., Hunter, L., Klein, T.E. (eds.) Proceedings of Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing, Kapalua, Maui, January 1998, pp. 545–556. World Sci. Publ., Singapore (1998)Google Scholar
- 16.Verlan, S.: A frontier result on enhanced time-varying distributed H systems with parallel computations. In: Preproceeding of DCFS 2003, Budapest, Hungary, July 12–14, pp. 221–232 (2003)Google Scholar