Splicing Test Tube Systems and Their Relation to Splicing Membrane Systems
We consider a variant of test tube systems communicating by applying splicing rules, yet without allowing operations in the tubes themselves. These test tube systems communicating by applying splicing rules of some restricted type are shown to be equivalent to a variant of splicing test tube systems using a corresponding restricted type of splicing rules. Both variants of test tube systems using splicing rules are proved to be equivalent to membrane systems with splicing rules assigned to membranes, too. In all the systems considered in this paper, for the application of rules leading from one configuration to the succeeding configuration we use a sequential model, where only one splicing rule is applied in one step; moreover, all these systems have universal computational power.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Dassow, J., Păun, G.: Regulated Rewriting in Formal Language Theory. Springer, Heidelberg (1989)Google Scholar
- 6.Freund, F., Freund, R.: Molecular computing with generalized homogenous Psystems. In: Condon, A., Rozenberg, G. (eds.) DNA 2000. LNCS, vol. 2054, pp. 130–144. Springer, Heidelberg (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Freund, F., Freund, R.: Test tube systems: When two tubes are enough. In: Rozenberg, G., Thomas, W. (eds.) Developments in Language Theory, Foundations, Applications and Perspectives, pp. 338–350. World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Freund, F., Freund, R., Margenstern, M., Oswald, M., Rogozhin, Y., Verlan, S.: P systems with cutting/recombination rules or splicing rules assigned to membranes. In: Alhazov, A., Martín-Vide, C. (eds.) Pre-Proceedings of the Workshop on Membrane Computing, WMC-2003, Tarragona, July 17-22, pp. 241–251 (2003)Google Scholar
- 18.Verlan, S.: About splicing P systems with immediate communication and nonextended splicing P systems. In: Alhazov, A., Martín-Vide, C., Păun, G. (eds.) Pre-Proceedings of the Workshop on Membrane Computing, WMC-2003, Tarragona, July 17-22, pp. 461–473 (2003)Google Scholar
- 19.The P Systems Web Page, http://psystems.disco.unimib.it