Weakly-Reflective Boundary Conditions for Shallow Water Equations
- 30 Downloads
In this paper weakly-reflective boundary conditions are presented for the one- and two-dimensional shallow water equations. After a short discussion on the necessity of this type of boundary conditions the mathematical formulation of the problem is given together with the essential aspects of the derivation. The numerical implementation of these conditions in finite element and finite difference codes is considered and results are given for some applications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Pakvis, J.: Weakly-reflective boundary conditions for shallow water equations (in Dutch), (1983). Ms. Sc. Thesis Delft University of Technology and Delft Hydraulics, Report S 545–1.Google Scholar
- Verboom, G.K.: Weakly-reflective boundary conditions for the shallow water equations. Delft Hydraulics, (1982), Publication no. 266.Google Scholar
- Verboom G.K. and Slob, A.: Weakly-reflective boundary conditions for two-dimensional shallow water problems. Proc. 5th Int. Conf. Finite Elements in Water Recources, (1984), Burlington, USA.Google Scholar
- Slob, A.: Weakly-reflective boundary conditions for shallow water equations in two dimensions, (1983). Ms. Sc. Thesis Delft University of Technology and Delft Hydraulics, Report S 545–2.Google Scholar
- Mooiman, J.: Weakly-reflective boundary conditions and numerical implementation in DELFLO (in Dutch), (1986). Ms. Sc. Thesis Delft University of Technology and Delft Hydraulics, Report S 545–3.Google Scholar
- Verboom, G.K., Stelling, G.S., and Officier, M.J.: Boundary conditions for the shallow water equations. In Engineering Applications of Computational Hydraulics: Homage to Alexandre Preissmann (Edited by Abbott, M.B; and Cunge, J.A). Pitman, London, (1982).Google Scholar
- Romate, J.: Private communications, (1985).Google Scholar
- Cunge, J.A. and Liggett, J.A.: Numerical Methods of Solution of the Unsteady Flow Equations. In Unsteady Flow in Open Channels, Volume 1, edited by Mahmood, K. and Yevjevich, V., (1975). Water Recources Publ., Fort Collins.Google Scholar
- Stelling, G.S.: On the construction of Computational Methods for shallow water flow problems, (1983), Ph. D. Thesis. Delft University of Technology, Dept. of Mathematics.Google Scholar