Aircraft Surface Generation
Surface generation software is being created with emphasis on parametric description of aircraft components and their junction. Applications are illustrated and examples are shared with project partners for their development of CFD mesh generation. Industry partners in the meantime and within this collaboration use this approach to develop a powerful tool for transport aircraft component design, establishing practical interaction between a theoretical aerodynamics group and the project design engineers.The goal is shaping geometry generator codes to become fast interactive tools supporting the use of aerodynamic knowledge bases in future design expert systems using modern graphic workstations.
KeywordsComputational Fluid Dynamic Aerodynamic Performance Transonic Flow Computational Fluid Dynamic Analysis Computational Fluid Dynamic Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sobieczky, H., ‘Geometry Generation for Transonic Design’, Recent Advances in Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol. 4, Ed. W. G. Habashi, Swansea: Pineridge Press, pp. 163–182. (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.Barnewitz, H., Becker, K., ‘Interactive Netzgenerierung mit dem algebraischen Netzgenerator INGRID - Hinweise zur Benutzung’, MBB - Bericht No. 1666, (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.Sobieczky, H., Stroeve, J. C.: `Generic Supersonic and Hypersonic Configurations’, AIAA91–3301, (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Sobieczky, H., Hefer, G., Tusche, S.:DFVLR-F5 Test Wing Experiment for Computational Aerodynamics. Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 22, pp.4–22, ed. W. Kordulla (1988)Google Scholar
- 5.Sobieczky, H.: `DLR-F5 Test Wing Configuration for Computational and Experimental Aerodynamics’, Wing Surface Generator Code, Control Surface and Boundary Conditions. Report prepared for B/E Area 5 Aeronautics Project Aero 0018 ‘Euromesh’ (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.Kordulla, W., Schwamborn, D., Sobieczky, H.: `The DFVLR-F5 Wing Experiment - Towards the Validation of the Numerical Simulation of Transonic Viscous Wing Flows’, AGARD CP 437 “Validation of Computational Flud Dynamics”, (1988)Google Scholar
- 7.Rill, S., Becker, K.: `Simulation of Transonic Flow over a Twin Jet Transport Aircraft’, AIAA-91–0025, (1991)Google Scholar