Reputation Systems to Mitigate DoS Attack in Vehicular Network
The introduction of ICT systems into vehicles impacts on safety requirements in the automotive domain. We provide a defence mechanism based on two reputation systems: Rational and History-Based to identify insider attackers and isolate them to preserve the functionalities of the whole system. We focus on the Denial of Service attack. Finally, we experimentally evaluate our systems on a real dataset of mobility traces of taxis in Rome.
- 1.Bella, G., Bistarelli, S., Massacci, F.: Retaliation: can we live with flaws? In: Workshop on Information Security Assurance and Security (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Bella, G., Costantino, G., Riccobene, S.: Managing reputation over MANETs. In: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on IAS 2008, pp. 255–260, September 2008Google Scholar
- 3.Costantino, G., Martinelli, F., Matteucci, I.: Exploiting vehicles’ reputation to mitigate dos attack. In: Proceedings of the AMARETTO@MODELSWARD, pp. 75–82Google Scholar
- 4.Ding, Q., Li, X., Jiang, M., Zhou, X.: A novel reputation management framework for vehicular ad hoc networks. Int. J. of Mult. Tech. 3(2), 62–66 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Razzaque, M., Salehi, A., Cheraghi, S.M.: Security and privacy in vehicular ad-hoc networks: survey and the road ahead. In: Khan, S., Khan Pathan, A.S. (eds.) Wireless Networks and Security. SCT, pp. 107–132. Springer, Heidelberg (2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-36169-2_4CrossRefGoogle Scholar