Rolling Back the Welfare State
- 220 Downloads
How does the crisis affect welfare systems?
KeywordswelfareWelfare System Agathis pensionsPensions Life expectancyLife Expectancy Information asymmetryInformation Asymmetry
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Antonelli, M. A., & De Bonis, V. (2017, July 19). How do European welfare states perform? Social Europe. https://www.socialeurope.eu/European-welfare-states-perform. Accessed Aug 2017.
- Blanchard, O., & Leigh, D. (2013, May 3). Fiscal consolidation: At what speed? Vox, CEPR’s Policy Portal. http://www.voxeu.org/article/fiscal-consolidation-what-speed. Accessed May 2013.
- Blyth, M. (2013). Austerity. The history of dangerous idea. Oxford: Oxford University Press. Repr. 2015.Google Scholar
- Cahill, D., & Konings, M. (2017). Neoliberalism. Cambridge: Polity Press.Google Scholar
- Crouch, C. (2017). Can neoliberalism be saved from itself? London: Social Europe Edition.Google Scholar
- Deaton, A. (2017, July 15). A question of inequality. The Economist.Google Scholar
- De Grauwe, P. (2010, May 19). Fighting the wrong enemy. Vox, CEPR’s Policy Portal. https://voxeu.org/article/europe-s-private-versus-public-debt-problem-fighting-wrong-enemy. Accessed June 2010.
- The Economist. (2015, March 7). Will Obamacare cut costs?Google Scholar
- The Economist. (2016, July 23). Information asymmetry. Secrets and agents.Google Scholar
- The Economist. (2017, March 25). Deaths of despair. Economic shocks are more likely to be lethal in America.Google Scholar
- The Economist. (2017, April 8). Health-care reform. Prescription for the future.Google Scholar
- The Economist. (2017, April 22). Health-care costs. An arm and a leg.Google Scholar
- The Economist. (2017, October 7). The big squeeze.Google Scholar
- Hill, S. (2017, August 28). The future of work and the social welfare state’s survival. Social Europe. https://www.socialeurope.eu/the-future-of-work-and-the-social-welfare-states-survival. Accessed Aug 2017.
- Jordà, Ò., Schularick, M., & Taylor, A. M. (2014, March 10). Private credit and public debt in financial crises. FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. http://www.frbsf.org/economic-research/publications/economic-letter/2014/march/private-credit-public-debt-financial-crisis/. Accessed Dec 2015.
- MacLeavy, J. (2016). Neoliberalism and welfare. In S. Springer, K. Birch, & J. MacLeavy (Eds.), The handbook of neoliberalism. New York and London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Purcell, M. (2016). Our new arms. In S. Springer, K. Birch, & J. MacLeavy (Eds.), The handbook of neoliberalism. New York and London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Rodrik, D. (2017, April 11). Too late to compensate free trade’s losers. Project Syndicate. https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/free-trade-losers-compensation-too-late-by-dani-rodrik-2017-04. Accessed Apr 2017.
- Röpke, W. (1942). Die gesellschaftskrisis der gegenwart Erlenbach-Zurich: Verlag. English edition: Röpke, W. (1950). The social crisis of our time (trans: Röpke, W.). London: W. Hodge & C.Google Scholar
- Röpke, W. (1957). Welfare, Freedom and Inflation. London: Pall Mall Press.Google Scholar
- Roubini, N. (2017, December 11). Populist plutocracy and the future of America. Project-Syndicate. https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/trump-populist-plutocracy-by-nouriel-roubini-2017-12/english. Accessed Dec 2017.
- Sparke, M. (2016). Health and the embodiment of neoliberalism. In S. Springer, K. Birch, & J. MacLeavy (Eds.), The handbook of neoliberalism. New York and London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Stiglitz, J. E. (1989). On the economic role of the state. In A. Heertje (Ed.), The economic role of the state. Oxford: Basil Blackwell.Google Scholar
- Stiglitz, J. E. (2014, May 6). Can the euro be saved? An analysis of the future of the currency union. Rome: LUISS University. https://www0.gsb.columbia.edu/faculty/jstiglitz/download/papers/2014_Can_Euro_Be_Saved_pub.pdf. Accessed Sept 2014.
- Stiglitz, J. E. (2015, December 7). When inequality kills. Project Syndicate. https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/lower-life-expectancy-white-americans-by-joseph-e—stiglitz-2015-12. Accessed Dec 2015.
- Stuckler, D., & Basu, S. (2013). The body economic. Why austerity kills. Recessions, budget battles, and the politics of life and death. New York: Basic Books.Google Scholar
- Wray, L. R. (2017). Why the compulsive shift to single payer? Because healthcare is not insurable. Levy Economic Institute of Bard College. Policy Note, no. 3. http://www.levyinstitute.org/publications/why-the-compulsive-shift-to-single-payer-because-healthcare-is-not-insurable. Accessed Aug 2017.
- Wren Lewis, S. J. (2016, May 2). Neoliberalism. Mainly Macro. https://mainlymacro.blogspot.it/2016/05/neoliberalism.html. Accessed May 2016.
- Wren Lewis, S. J. (2017, March 1). The budget and health care. Mainly Macro. https://mainlymacro.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/the-budget-and-health-care.html. Accessed Mar 2017.
- Wren Lewis, S. J. (2017, November 25). Austerity and mortality. Mainly Macro. https://mainlymacro.blogspot.it/2017/11/austerity-and-mortality.html. Accessed Nov 2017.
© Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018