The Information Technology Revolution in Health Care
The Information technology (IT) allows the manipluation of data with algorithms. As other fields of the industry in the past decades, Healthcare is deeply shaken by the emergence of IT. We can now record medical data electronically, store and improve medical knowledge, help therapeutic processes, communicate with patients from distance. Modern biology through the spectrum of IT leads to personalized profile for each individuals and the rising Precision Medicine. This involves social, financial, legal and ethical issues.
KeywordsInformation technology Healthcare e-health Digital medicine Connected health
- 1.Bernard C. Introduction à l’étude de la médecine expérimentale. Paris, J. B: Baillière; 1865.Google Scholar
- 2.Shannon CE. A mathematical theory of communication. Bell Syst Tech J. 1948;26(3). https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1948.tb01338.x.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Administration USFaD. Digital health. 2017. https://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/digitalhealth/.
- 9.Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions. eHealth action plan 2012–2020 – innovative healthcare for the 21st century. Brussels; 2012.Google Scholar
- 17.HIPAA Administrative Simplification. American Medical Association. 2018. https://www.ama-assn.org/practice-management/hipaaadministrative-simplification.
- 18.Berry G. Hyperpuissance de l’informatique. Paris: Éditions Odile Jacob; 2018.Google Scholar