- 3.1k Downloads
We will begin by introducing, or reviewing, three basic topics that are necessary for the remainder of this book; vector spaces, determinants, and derivatives of multivariable functions. In all three cases the topics are presented in a manor that is consistent with the needs of the rest of this book.
- 1.R. Abraham, J.E. Marsden, and T. Ratiu. Manifolds, Tensor Analysis, and Applications. Springer, 2 edition, 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.Anonymous. Determinants. http://www.amarketplaceofideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Determinant-Derivation.pdf, n.d.
- 22.Stephen Friedberg, Arnold Insel, and Lawrence Spence. Linear Algebra. Prentice Hall, 3 edition, 1997.Google Scholar
- 31.Jarrold Marsden and Michael Hoffman. Elementary Classical Analysis. W.H. Freeman and Company, 2 edition, 1993.Google Scholar
- 43.James Stewart. Calculus. Brooks/Cole Cengage Learning, 6 edition, 2009.Google Scholar