The graphs models we have discussed upto this point cater to specific network properties. In this chapter, we will discuss Kronecker graphs which are capable of generating a wide-array of properties. Kronecker graphs are generated by successively multiplying an initiator graph. This chapter looks at the properties of these Kronecker graphs. The chapter will look at stochastic Kronecker graphs (SKG), which eliminates features such as the “staircase effect”. Several techniques used to generate these SKGs will also be covered. However, SKGs are unable to generate the required power-law or lognormal distribution. To enable this, noisy stochastic Kronecker graphs (NSKG) will be discussed. We will then look at distance-dependent Kronecker graphs that enable searchability and several algorithms that can generate these Kronecker graphs.
- 2.Chakrabarti, Deepayan, Yiping Zhan, and Christos Faloutsos. 2004. R-mat: A recursive model for graph mining. In Proceedings of the 2004 SIAM international conference on data mining, 442–446. SIAM.Google Scholar
- 3.Kim, Myunghwan, and Jure Leskovec. 2011. The network completion problem: Inferring missing nodes and edges in networks. In Proceedings of the 2011 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, 47–58. SIAM.Google Scholar
- 4.Leskovec, Jurij, Deepayan Chakrabarti, Jon Kleinberg, and Christos Faloutsos. 2005. Realistic, mathematically tractable graph generation and evolution, using Kronecker multiplication. In European conference on principles of data mining and knowledge discovery, 133–145. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 5.Leskovec, Jure, Deepayan Chakrabarti, Jon Kleinberg, Christos Faloutsos, and Zoubin Ghahramani. 2010. Kronecker graphs: An approach to modeling networks. Journal of Machine Learning Research 11 (Feb): 985–1042.Google Scholar
- 6.Mahdian Mohammad, and Ying Xu. 2007. Stochastic Kronecker graphs. In International workshop on algorithms and models for the web-graph, 179–186. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 8.Seshadhri, Comandur, Ali Pinar, and Tamara G. Kolda. 2013. An in-depth analysis of stochastic Kronecker graphs. Journal of the ACM (JACM) 60 (2): 13.Google Scholar