IntegerSequences: A Package for Computing with k-Regular Sequences
IntegerSequences is a Mathematica package for computing with integer sequences. Its support for k-regular sequences includes basic closure properties, guessing recurrences, and computing automata. Recent applications have included establishing the structure of extremal a / b-power-free words, obtaining a product formula for the generating function enumerating binomial coefficients by their p-adic valuations, and proving congruences for combinatorial sequences modulo prime powers.
KeywordsInteger sequences Regular sequences Automatic sequences
- 6.The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. http://oeis.org
- 7.Parreau, A., Rigo, M., Rowland, E., Vandomme, É.: A new approach to the 2-regularity of the \(\ell \)-abelian complexity of 2-automatic sequences. Electron. J. Comb. 22 (2015) #P1.27Google Scholar
- 8.Pudwell, L., Rowland, E.: Avoiding fractional powers over the natural numbers. Electron. J. Comb. 25 (2018) #P2.27Google Scholar
- 9.Rowland, E.: IntegerSequences. https://people.hofstra.edu/Eric_Rowland/packages.html#IntegerSequences
- 14.Shallit, J.: Remarks on inferring integer sequences. https://cs.uwaterloo.ca/shallit/Talks/infer.ps