A Novel Dynamic Mathematics System Based on the Internet
In this paper, we introduce a novel dynamic mathematics system called NetPad for teaching and learning mathematics in elementary and secondary school. NetPad is a product of Internet Plus Education and can be launched directly from the internet using a web browser. It combines the Internet with dynamic geometry, computer algebra, and automated reasoning technology. NetPad distinguishes itself from other dynamic geometry systems by being an open, internet-based and sharing oriented intelligent system. NetPad is not only a tool but also a cloud platform for creating and sharing. Since NetPad is developed in HTML5, it is platform independent, runs on every operating system and intelligent device, and can be seamlessly integrated into other websites, PowerPoint and other software. The resources of NetPad can be shared to various social networks directly. The functions of NetPad include dynamic geometry drawing, symbolic computation, programming, automated reasoning in geometry, and so on. NetPad was published in March, 2016. Nowadays, there are more than 100,000 users and 30,000 mathematical resources on the NetPad website.
KeywordsDynamic mathematics The Internet Mathematics education NetPad
We are grateful to Masataka Kaneko for proposing many good suggestions and Zak Tonks for improving the English.
- 2.The Geometer’s Sketchpad. http://www.dynamicgeometry.com
- 3.Cabri. http://www.cabri.com
- 4.Richter-Gebert, J., Kortenkamp, U.: The interactive geometry software Cinderella 2. Am. Math. Mon. 107(8) (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.GeoGebra. http://www.geogebra.org
- 6.Super Sketchpad. http://ssp.gzhu.edu.cn
- 7.Wang, Y., Rao, Y., Zou, Y., Huang, Y.: An algorithm for dynamic geometric intelligent drawing based on context awareness. In: Proceedings of IEEE the 2nd International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Applications, pp. 547–550 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Jingzhong Zhang, L., Yang, X.G., Chou, S.: Automated generation of readable proofs in geometry. Chin. J. Comput. 18(5), 380–394 (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, J., Gao, X., Chou, S.: The geometry information search system by forward reasoning. Chin. J. Comput. 19(10), 722–727 (1996)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang, J., Gao, X., Chou, S.: Geometric Invariant Methods of Geometric Theorem Proving. The Science Publishing Company, Beijing (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.SharePoint Add-ins. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/sharepoint-add-ins