Alex Stitt: Animation by Design
This chapter concentrates on the uniquely designed animated films directed by Alexander Stitt, who contributed substantially to the field of Australian animation for over half a century. Alex Stitt was an established designer who developed his animation skills at Fanfare Films studios in Melbourne in the 1950s. He later set up his own studios producing (along with a team of other talented animators) countless animated advertisements, short films and ultimately two animated feature films: Grendel Grendel Grendel (1981) and Abracadabra (1983).
- ‘Harden, Frank. ‘Alex Stitt: Interview.’Cinema Papers, May–June 1983.Google Scholar
- Hellard, Frank. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (17 April 2005).Google Scholar
- Mayer, Geoff. ‘Grendel, Grendel, Grendel.’ Cinema Papers, July–August 1981.Google Scholar
- Stitt, Alex. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (17 April 2005).Google Scholar
- Stitt, Alex, and Paddy Stitt. Stitt Autobiographics—50 Years of the Graphic Design Work of Alexander Stitt. Melbourne: Hardie Grant Books, 2011.Google Scholar