This chapter surveys a large number of significant animation studios and animation producers, directors and commercial animators who have been active between the 1970s and the present day. Studios discussed include: Burbank Films, Energee Entertainment, Southern Star, Aboriginal Nations, Animal Logic and Walt Disney Studios Australia. Several significant animated films are highlighted; a brief survey is made of animated video games and visual effects films.
- ‘Aboriginal Nations Australia.’ www.thedreamingstories.com.au.
- ‘Burbank Films (Promotional Brochure).’ Sydney, 1985.Google Scholar
- ‘Profile: Peter Viska, Quick on the Draw.’ Star Weekly, 16 December 2013.Google Scholar
- ‘Puddin’ on the Magic.’ The Bulletin, 5 December 2000.Google Scholar
- The Australian, 9 May 1984.Google Scholar
- Bradbury, Keith. ‘Australian and New Zealand Animation.’ In Animation in Asia and the Pacific, edited by A. John. Lent: Indiana University Press, 2001.Google Scholar
- Chinnery, Stephen. ‘The Creative Core That Is Ludo Studio.’ No Walls, 2018. nowalls.qut.edu.au/the-creative-core-that-is-ludo-studio.
- Colman, Dianne. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (5 May 2004).Google Scholar
- Cooke, Gairden. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (24 January 2005).Google Scholar
- Eyley, John. ‘Developing Animation (Australia): The Nature of Industry and Its Relationship to Training.’ Paper presented at the Animation: The Teachers’ Perspective, Urbino, Italy, 1992.Google Scholar
- Field, David. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (14 February 2007).Google Scholar
- Ford, Cam Ford and Diana. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (8 July 2004).Google Scholar
- Hooks, Barbara. ‘Animated Dickens Goes to Zambia.’ The Age, 21 May 1985.Google Scholar
- Janjic, Zoran. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (19 January 2005).Google Scholar
- Jolliffe, Anne. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (15 January 2005).Google Scholar
- Lee, Rod. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (14 February 2007).Google Scholar
- Parkes, Margaret. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (24 April 2004).Google Scholar
- Paterson, Karen. ‘Crocadoo Entertains with Energee.’ Animation World Network 1, no. 6 (1996).Google Scholar
- PAW-Media. www.pawmedia.com.au.
- Quigley, Marian. Women Do Animate. Melbourne: Insight Publications, 2005.Google Scholar
- Roach, Vicky. ‘Pudding Left Underdone.’ Daily Telegraph, 14 December 2000.Google Scholar
- Smit, Robbert. By Dan Torre and Lienors Torre (12 January 2005).Google Scholar
- Stacey, Tom. By Graham Shirley. National Film and Sound Archives (1991).Google Scholar
- Stephenson, Robert. ‘No Stopping Australian Stop-Motion.’ Render: Journal of Creative Australian Animation 1, no. 1 (2015).Google Scholar
- Stevens, Lesley. Footrot Flats—the Dog’s Tale: The Making of the Movie. Wellington: Magpie Productions, 1986.Google Scholar
- Yallamas, L. ‘Dream Time for Queensland Animators.’ The Courier Mail, 28 May 1999.Google Scholar