Anthropometric Data Collection of Portuguese Overweight and Obese Children Using a Kinect Body Image System: Preliminary Results
- 1.1k Downloads
This paper presents some preliminary results of an anthropometric research, part of an undergoing Ph.D. study at the Department of Textile Engineering of the University of Minho, Portugal. Data was collected using a 3D body scanning technology - Kinect Body Imaging (KBI), and carried out in public and private schools, of the first cycle of basic education, located in the cities of Braga, Guimarães, and Vila Nova de Famalicão, in the north of Portugal. Preliminary results are presented aiming the development of adequate measurement tables for overweight and obese children, respecting their anthropometric and ergonomic needs. Final considerations regarding the challenges of conducting anthropometric studies are presented.
KeywordsData collection Anthropometric studies Children with overweight and obesity
This research is financed by Federal Institute of Rio Grande do Sul, Erechim, Brazil and FEDER funds through the Competitive Factors Operational Program (COMPETE) POCI-01-0145-FEDER-007136 and by national funds through FCT-Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, under the project UID/CTM/000264.
- 1.de Campos, R., Carvalho, M., Lopes, H., Xu, B.: Anthropometric data collection of Portuguese children with overweight and obesity. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics, Los Angeles (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Boguslawska-Baczek, M.: Analysis of the contemporary problem of garment size. In: Conference: The 7th Textile Science, Liberec, Czech Republic (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Shin, S.J.H., Istook, C.L.: Sizing Systems for Children’s Wear in the United States. Texas Tech University, Lubbock TX, USA (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Iida, I.: Ergonomia: projeto e produção. E. Blucher São Paulo (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Heinrich, D., Carvalho, M., Barroso, M.: Ergonomia e Antropometria aplicadas ao vestuário – discussão analítica acerca dos impactos sobre o conforto e a qualidade dos produtos. In: Diseño en Palermo. Universidad de Palermo, Buenos Aires (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Silveira, I.: Usabilidade do vestuário: factores técnicos-funcionais. Modapalavra e-periódico 1, 21–39 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Bragança, S., Carvalho, M., Xu, B., Arezes, P., Ashdown, S.A.: Validation study of a kinect based body imaging (KBI) device system based on ISO 20685:2010. In: 5th International Conference on 3D Body Scanning Technologies, pp. 372–377. Lugano (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/growthref/who2007_bmi_for_age/en/