A Hybrid Framework for a Comprehensive Physical Activity and Diet Recommendation System
The quantified self-movement has gained a lot of traction, recently. In this regard, research in personalized wellness support systems has increased. Most of the recommender systems focus on either calorie-burn or calorie-in take objectives. The achievement of calorie-burn objective is through physical activity recommendations while diet recommendations geared towards calorie-in take objectives. A very limited research is performed which track and optimize objectives for both calorie-burn and calorie-in-take, simultaneously based on well-known wellness support guidelines. In this regard, we propose a hybrid recommendation framework, which provides recommendations for physical activity as well as diet recommendation in order to support wellness requirements of a user in a comprehensive manner.
KeywordsRecommender system Self-quantification Wellness support system
This research was supported by the MSIT (Ministry of Science and ICT), Korea, under the ITRC (Information Technology Research Center) support program (IITP-2017-0-01629) supervised by the IITP (Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion)” and by the Korea Research Fellowship Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Science and ICT (NRF-2016H1D3A1938039).
- 3.Misfit: Fitness Trackers & Wearable Technology – Misfit.com. https://misfit.com/. Accessed 6 Mar 2018
- 4.AliphCom dba Jawbone (2014). https://jawbone.com/up. Accessed 6 Mar 2018
- 5.Fitbit (2018). https://www.fitbit.com/kr/home. Accessed 6 Mar 2018
- 6.Verbert, K., Manouselis, N., Ochoa, X.: Context-aware recommender systems for learning: a survey and future challenges. In: IEEE Transactions. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6189308/
- 7.Gómez-Sebastià, I., Moreno, J.: Situated agents and humans in social interaction for elderly healthcare: from Coaalas to AVICENA. J. Med. Syst. (2016). http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10916-015-0371-7
- 8.Dharia, S., Jain, V., Patel, J., Vora, J., Chawla, S., Eirinaki, M.: PRO-Fit: a personalized fitness assistant framework. In: 28th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering. SEKE, Redwood City (2016). https://doi.org/10.18293/seke2016-174
- 9.Donciu, M., Ionita, M., Dascalu, M., Trausan-Matu, S.: The runner–recommender system of workout and nutrition for runners. In: 13th International Symposium on Symbolic and Numeric Algorithms for Scientific Computing, pp. 230–238. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Faiz, I., Mukhtar, H., Khan, S.: An integrated approach of diet and exercise recommendations for diabetes patients. In: e-Health Networking, Applications (2014). http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/7001899/
- 12.Omar, A., Wahlqvist, M.: Wellness management through Web-based programmes. J. Telemed. Telecare (2005). http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1258/1357633054461985