Context-Based Lifelog Monitoring for Just-in-Time Wellness Intervention
These days adoption of healthy behavior can be quantified through Ubiquitous computing and smart gadgets. This digital technology has revolutionized the self-quantification to monitor activities for improving lifestyle. Context based lifelog monitoring is among the processes of tracking individual’s lifestyle in an effective manner. We have proposed a methodology for context-based monitoring of an individual’s prolonged sedentary physical activity and unhealthy dietary behavior in the domain of wellness and give just-in-time intervention to adapt healthy behavior. It detects multiple unhealthy activities of its users and verifies the context for intervention generation. The results depict that the average response of the context-based just-in-time interventions is about 75%.
KeywordsLifelog Context-based Just-in-time Unhealthy behavior Wellness services Sedentary lifestyle Unbalanced diet
This work was supported by Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion (IITP) grant funded by the Korea government (MSIT) (No. 2017-0-00655) and and by the Korea Research Fellowship Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Science and ICT (NRF-2016H1D3A1938039).
- 3.Ardell, Donald B.: High Level Wellness, An Alternative to Doctors, Drugs, and Disease. Bantam Books, New York (1979)Google Scholar
- 5.Banos, O., Amin, M.B., Ali Khan, W., Ali, T., Afzal, M., Kang, B.H., Lee, S.: Mining minds: an innovative framework for personalized health and wellness support. In: 2015 9th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare (Pervasive Health), pp. 1–8. IEEE, May 2015Google Scholar
- 10.Azumio: Argus quantify your day-to-day (2015). http://www.azumio.com/s/argus/index.html
- 12.Millennium Ecosystem Assessment: Ecosystems and Human Wellbeing: A Framework for Assessment. Island Press, Washington, DC (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Khan, W.A., Amin, M.B., Banos, O., Ali, T., Hussain, M., Afzal, M., Hussain, S., Hussain, J., Ali, R., Ali, M., Kang, D.: Mining Minds: Journey of Evolutionary Platform for Ubiquitous WellnessGoogle Scholar
- 14.Sweeney, T.J., Witmer, J.M.: Beyond social interest: striving toward optimum health and wellness. Individ. Psychol. 47, 527–540 (1991)Google Scholar
- 16.CSEP: Canadian Physical Activity guidelines (2017). http://csep.ca/CMFiles/Guidelines/CSEP_PAGuidelines_adults_en.pdf
- 17.USDA Food Composition Database. https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/
- 18.Portions per person. https://www.cookipedia.co.uk/recipes_wiki/Portions_per_person