Variable Exponent Nonlocal Model with Weaker Norm in the Fidelity Term for Image Restoration
In this paper, we are interested to present a variable exponent nonlocal p(x)-Laplacian model with weaker norm for image denoising. This model inherits the power of the variable exponent in reducing the execution time, besides, the benefit of using the weaker norm in the fidelity term more appropriate to represent textures and small details. At last, we present some numerical simulations and we compare the results with some existing models in the literature.
KeywordsImage denoising Nonlocal p-Laplacian Variable exponent Weak norm Textured images
- 4.Bougleux, S., Elmoataz, A., Melkemi, M.: Discrete regularization on weighted graphs for image and mesh filtering. n 1st International Conference on Scale Space and Variational Methods in Computer Vision (SSVM), 4485 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science:128–139, (2007)Google Scholar
- 19.Meyer, Y.: Oscillating patterns in image processing and nonlinear evolution equations, volume 22 of University Lecture Series. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2001. The fifteenth Dean Jacqueline B. Lewis memorial lecturesGoogle Scholar
- 22.Vese, L. A., Osher, S. J.: Modeling textures with total variation minimization and oscillating patterns in image processing. J. Sci. Comput., 19(1–3):553–572, 2003. Special issue in honor of the sixtieth birthday of Stanley OsherGoogle Scholar
- 23.Yaroslavsky, L. P.: Digital picture processing, volume 9 of Springer Series in Information Sciences. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1985. An introductionGoogle Scholar
- 24.Zhou, D., Schlkopf, B: Regularization on discrete spaces, in pattern recognition. Proceedings of the 27th DAGM Symposium, Berlin, Germany, pages 361–369, (2005)Google Scholar