Models of Regional Factors—Supply Chain Performance (Benefits)
This chapter proposes a series of models to associate Regional Factors with supply chain performance benefits. The relationships between the latent variables are considered as research hypothesis and are validated using data collected from the Mexican export-oriented manufacturing industry. The evaluation results indicate that Regional Factors are essential in supply chain Performance but are also a source of uncertainty for manufacturing industries. In other words, aspects such as infrastructure and government support are important for companies to operate, yet they cannot be controlled inside of the facilities and depend on external forces.
- Cervantes-Martínez R, Villaseñor-Becerra J, Romero-Morett M (2016) NAFTA trade (and some extra NAFTA trade) in value added and its distribution, 1995–2011. J Econ Struct 5:27. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40008-016-0059-2
- Liu W, Wu R, Liang Z, Zhu D (2018b) Decision model for the customer order decoupling point considering order insertion scheduling with capacity and time constraints in logistics service supply chain. Appl Math Model 54:112–135. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2017.09.027MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Rodríguez-Méndez R, Sánchez-Partida D, Martínez-Flores JL, Arvizu-BarrÓn E (2015) A case study: SMED & JIT methodologies to develop continuous flow of stamped parts into AC disconnect assembly line in Schneider Electric Tlaxcala Plant. IFAC-PapersOnLine 48:1399–1404. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2015.06.282CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sendlhofer T, Lernborg CM (2017) Labour rights training 2.0: the digitalisation of knowledge for workers in global supply chains. J Cleaner Prod. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.12.173
- Villanueva-Ponce R, Garcia-Alcaraz JL, Cortes-Robles G, Romero-Gonzalez J, Jiménez-Macías E, Blanco-Fernández J (2015) Impact of suppliers’ green attributes in corporate image and financial profit: case maquiladora industry. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 80:1277–1296. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-015-7082-6CrossRefGoogle Scholar