Proposal of a Regional Knowledge Inheritance System Using Location-Based AR and Historical Maps
In this paper, we propose collecting personal culture of local residents to collective culture, and returning collective culture to local residents as personal culture by using AR technology and historical map. And, we propose a prototype system of regional knowledge inheritance system in order to support the protection and inheritance of regional knowledge. The prototype system has the function of overlaying the historical map on the basic map and the function of presenting the regional knowledge related to the place as an AR.
The authors would like to thank J. Ohmori of Hitachi City Museum for great assistance with the system construction.
- 2.Saito, S., Inaba, M.: Archiving knowledge in regions - development of Japanese cultural archives through collaborative construction of narratives. IPSJ SIG technical report, 2008-CH-78, pp. 61–68 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Science Council of Japan, Regional Research Committee: Efforts for Accumulation and Utilization of “Regional Knowledge”. http://www.scj.go.jp/ja/info/kohyo/pdf/kohyo-21-h-1-7.pdf. Accessed Apr 2018
- 4.Gifu Prefectural Library: Use Historical Map. https://www.library.pref.gifu.lg.jp/reference/shirabekata/72_kochizu.pdf. Accessed Apr 2018
- 5.The Agency for Cultural Affairs, Basic Plan of History and Culture. http://www.bunka.go.jp/seisaku/bunkazai/rekishibunka/index.html. Accessed Apr 2018
- 6.Suda, M., Hiroi, K., Yamanouchi, M., Kato, A., Sunahara.: the development of audio contents of conveying characteristics of local regions and a proposal of distribution system for them. IPSJ SIG technical report, vol. 2013-IOT-20, no. 3, pp. 13–18 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Nakahara, H., Yanagisawa, T., Yamamoto, K.: Study on a web-GIS to support the communication of regional knowledge in regional communities: focusing on regional residents’ experiential knowledge. Soc. Soc. Inf. 1(2), 77–92 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Yanagisawa, T., Yamamoto, K.: A study on information sharing GIS to accumulate local knowledge in local communities. Theor. Appl. GIS 20(1), 61–70 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Open Street Map. http://openstreetmap.org/. Accessed Apr 2018