Review of Iris Presentation Attack Detection Competitions
Biometric recognition systems have been shown to be susceptible to presentation attacks, the use of an artificial biometric in place of a live biometric sample from a genuine user. Presentation Attack Detection (PAD) is suggested as a solution to this vulnerability. The LivDet-Iris—Iris Liveness Detection Competition started in 2013 strives to showcase the state-of-the- art in presentation attack detection by assessing the software-based iris PAD methods (Part 1), as well as hardware-based iris PAD methods (Part 2) against multiple datasets of spoof and live fingerprint images. These competitions have been open to all institutions, industrial and academic, and competitors which can enter as either anonymous or using the name of their institution. There have been two previous fingerprint competitions through LivDet; 2013 and 2015. LivDet-Iris 2017 is being conducted during 2017. LivDet-Iris has maintained a consistent level of competitors for Part 1: Algorithms throughout the two previous competitions and 2017 competition has begun to garner further interest.
The first and second author had equal contributions to the research. This work has been supported by the Center for Identification Technology Research and the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1068055.
- 2.Alonso-Fernandez F, Bigun J (2013) Halmstad university submission to the first ICB competition on iris recognition (icir2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Yambay D et al (2014) Livdet-iris 2013-iris liveness detection competition 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/BTAS.2014.6996283
- 4.Yambay D, Walczak B, Schuckers S, Czajka A (2017) LivDet-iris 2015–Iris liveness detection. In: IEEE international conference on identity, security and behavior analysis (ISBA), pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 6.Yambay D et al (2011) Livdet 2011 - fingerprint liveness detection competition 2011. In: 5th IAPR/IEEE international conference on biometrics (ICB 2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Marcialis G et al (2013) Livdet 2013 - fingerprint liveness detection competition 2013. In: 6th IAPR/IEEE international conference on biometrics (ICB2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Marcialis G et al (2014) LivDet 2015–fingerprint liveness detection competition 2015. In: 7th IEEE international conference on biometrics: theory, applications and systems (BTAS 2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Chakka MM et al (2011) Competition on counter measures to 2-d facial spoofing attacks. https://doi.org/10.1109/IJCB.2011.6117509
- 10.JohnsonJohnson (2013). http://www.acuvue.com/products-acuvue-2-colours
- 11.CibaVision (2013). http://www.freshlookcontacts.com
- 12.Vision C (2013). http://coopervision.com/contact-lenses/expressions-color-contacts