The Application of Augmented Reality Technology in Digital Display for Intangible Cultural Heritage: The Case of Cantonese Furniture
The purpose of research on innovative applications of Augmented Reality technology in digital display for intangible cultural heritage is to promote the way to display and disseminate for collections. We explored the relationship between AR technology and digital display, and then the model of digital display for intangible cultural heritage is designed, and the current status was analyzed. This paper examines how to build a model of a digital display with the example of Cantonese furniture that embodies and reflect history, society, culture, technology, function, and style requirements of different content. Finally, the most important, it is how to practice in actual program combined with AR technology. The conclusion is to provide a reference to disseminate the cultural soft power and to construct digital public service platform through a study on innovative applications of AR technology.
KeywordsAugmented Reality technology Digital display Intangible cultural heritage Cantonese furniture
This study is supported by philosophy and social sciences “Twelve Five” planning project of Guangdong Province (Grant No. GD14XYS17, Technology and Beauty: Inheritance and Rebirth of Cantonese Folk Arts and Crafts in the New Media Age), and Graduate academic forum project of Guangdong Province (Grant No. 2016XSLT_13, The Digital Inheritance of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in Canton).
- 1.Sullivan, A.M.: Cultural heritage & new media: a future for the past. 15 J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 604 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Yuan, L., Gu, J.: Taxonomic research on intangible cultural heritage. Henan Soc. Sci. 6, 58–62 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Gao, B.: The intangible cultural heritage as a public culture. Lit. Art Stud. 2, 77–83 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.UNESCO Homepage, https://ich.unesco.org/en/convention. Accessed 23 Feb 2018
- 6.Qin, J.: Research on the information design methods in digital cultural heritage. Sci. Technol. Rev. 13, 22–26 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu, M., Yao, Y., Jiang, Y.: a survey on augmented reality. J. Image Graph. 07, 3–10 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhao, L., Qian, W., Cui, J.: Interactive Thinking. China Light Industry Press, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Fang, H.: Chinesism in modern furniture design. Publication Series of the University of Art and Design Helsinki A 41, pp. 33–34 (2004)Google Scholar