Improving the Performance of Hierarchical Clustering Protocols with Network Evolution Model
In distributed computing, clustering of the nodes is generally used to make the communication process energy-efficient. However, in the mechanics of clustering, the number of clusters increases as the energy of the nodes gets depleted. This dispersive nature of clustering probability leads to the quick death of the nodes. This chapter explains the usage of an optimization matrix from clustering probability as obtained from a network evolution model. The proposed framework of an optimization matrix shows considerable promise in boosting the efficiency of data delivery and network lifetime of the hierarchical clustering protocols in wireless sensor networks.
KeywordsOptimization matrix Clustering probability Network evolution model LEACH
This work was supported by European Union ERASMUS MUNDUS-257 GA2014-0861/001-001gLINK.
- 8.Razaque, A., Abdulgader, M., Joshi, C., Amsaad, F., Chauhan, M.: P-LEACH: energy efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. In: 2016 IEEE Long Island Systems, Applications and Technology Conference (LISAT), Farmingdale, NY, pp. 1–5 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Tong, M., Tang, M.: LEACH-B: an improved LEACH protocol for wireless sensor network. In: 2010 6th International Conference on Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM), Chengdu, pp. 1–4 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, Y., Liu, E., Zheng, X., Zhang, Z., Jian, Y., Yin, X., Liu, F.: Energy-aware complex network model with compensation. In: 2013 IEEE 9th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob), Lyon, pp. 472–476 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1109/WiMOB.2013.6673401
- 13.Enami, N., Moghadam, R.A.: Energy based clustering self organizing map protocol for extending wireless sensor networks lifetime and coverage. Can. J. Multimed. Wirel. Netw. 1(4), 42–54 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Yan, J.F., Liu, Y.L.: Improved LEACH routing protocol for large scale wireless sensor networks routing. In: 2011 International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Control (ICECC), Ningbo (2011)Google Scholar