Collaborative Robot YuMi in Ball and Plate Control Application: Pilot Study
Ball & Plate is a well-known concept and interesting example of an unstable process. Numerous types of Ball & Plate structure can be found and this paper tries to extend its potential of moving the whole plate in space by using an industrial robotic manipulator as the most flexible way to achieve this goal. The collaborative dual-arm robot YuMi from ABB is chosen for this task as the balance between precision and safety. The purpose of the paper is to investigate restrictions and boundaries of such solution, thus the model is identified and based on this identification is designed a controller, which is tested in a simulation environment.
KeywordsBall & Plate YuMi Robot LQ control Discrete-time
This article was created with support of the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic under grant IGA reg. n. IGA/CebiaTech/2018/002.
- 1.Jadlovská, A., Jajčišin, Š., Lonščák, R.: Modelling and PID control design of nonlinear educational model ball & plate. In: 17th International Conference on Process Control 2009, pp. 475–483. Štrbské Pleso (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Ball and Plate Arduino LQG control. https://youtu.be/8jk17dXETHs
- 3.Spaček, L., Bobál, V., Vojtěšek, J.: LQ digital control of Ball & Plate system. In: 31st European Conference on Modelling and Simulation ECMS 2017, pp. 427–432. European Council for Modelling and Simulation (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Bobál, V., Böhm, J., Fessl, J., Macháček, J.: Digital Self-tuning Controllers. Springer-Verlag, London (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.ABB Robotics - IRB 14000 YuMi. http://new.abb.com/products/robotics/industrial-robots/yumi
- 6.Spaček, L., Bobál, V., Vojtěšek, J.: Maze navigation on Ball & Plate Model. In: Silhavy, R., Senkerik, R., Kominkova Oplatkova, Z., Prokopova, Z., Silhavy, P. (eds.) Cybernetics and Mathematics Applications in Intelligent Systems CSOC 2017. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 574, pp. 206–215. Springer, Cham (2017)Google Scholar