Statistic Properties and Cryptographic Resistance of Pseudorandom Bit Sequence Generators
Generators of pseudorandom sequences are widely used in practice. Generators of pseudorandom bit sequences occupy a special place among them; they are necessary for solving a number of important tasks, for example, for strong cryptography. The impossibility of predicting the following values of pseudorandom sequences is one of the basic requirements for such generators. Otherwise, these generators cannot be used to protect of information. It is generally accepted that if the stochastic sequence is stationary, then the prediction of such sequence is impossible. Our research shows that there are invariants for specific pseudorandom sequences that can be used to this prediction.
The article is devoted to the method of prediction of pseudorandom bit sequences. The values of the autocorrelation coefficients for some lags are used. Good results are obtained for software-implemented stationary stochastic sequences.
KeywordsAutocorrelation Pseudorandom bit sequence Statistical portrait Cryptographically strong generator
- 2.Ivanov, M.A., Chugunkov, I.V.: Cryptographic methods of information protection in computer systems and networks: a teaching manual. NIUA MIFI, Moscow (in Russian) (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Jhansirani, A., Harikishore, K., Basha, F., et al.: Fault tolerance in bit swapping LFSR using FPGA architecture. Int. J. Eng. Res. Appl. 2(1), 1080–1087 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Maksymovych, V., Shevchuk, M., Mandrona, M.: Research pseudorandom bit sequence generators based on LFSR. J. Autom. Measur. Control 852, 29–34 (2016). (in Ukraine)Google Scholar
- 7.Maksymovych, V., Mandrona, M.: Investigation of the statistical characteristics of the modified fibonacci generators. J. Autom. Inf. Sci. (2014). https://doi.org/10.1615/JAutomatInfScien.v46.i12.60CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Maksymovych, V., Mandrona, M.: Comparative analysis of pseudorandom bit sequence generators. J. Autom. Inf. Sci. (2017). https://doi.org/10.1615/JAutomatInfScien.v49.i3.90CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Maksymovych, V., Mandrona, M., Garasimchuk, O., Kostiv, Yu.: A study of the characteristics of the fibonacci modified additive generator with a delay. J. Autom. Inf. Sci. (2016). https://doi.org/10.1615/JAutomatInfScien.v48.i11.70CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Nas, R.J., Van Berkel, C.H.: High throughput, low set-up time, reconfigurable linear feedback shift registers. In: International Conference on Computer Design (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/iccd.2010.5647572
- 15.NIST SP 800-22. A Statistic Test Suite for Random and Pseudorandom Number Generators for Cryptographic Application. DIALOG: http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/niatpubs/SP800-22rev1a.pdf. Accessed Apr 2000