An Autotuning Method for a Fractional Order PD Controller for Vibration Suppression
- 514 Downloads
Fractional order controllers are receiving an ever-increasing interest from the research community due to their advantages. However, most of the tuning procedures for fractional order controllers assume a fully known mathematical model of the process. In this paper, an autotuning method for the design of a fractional order PD controller is presented and applied to the vibration suppression in airplane wings. To validate the designed controller, an experimental unit consisting of a smart beam that simulates the behaviour of an airplane wing is used. The experimental results demonstrate the efficiency of the designed controller in suppressing unwanted vibrations.
KeywordsFractional Order Vibration Suppression Autotuning Method Smart Beam Airplane Wing
This work was supported by a grant of the Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research and Innovation, CNCS – UEFISCDI, project number PN-II-RU-TE-2014-4-0598, TE 86/2015.
- 1.Hatem, R.W., Abdulameer, H.A.: Vibration control analysis of aircraft wing by using smart material. Innov. Syst. Design Eng. 6(8), 7–42 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Ayoubi, M.A., Swei, S.S.-M., Nguyen, N.T.: Fuzzy model-based pitch stabilization and wing vibration suppression of flexible aircraft. In Proceedings of the 2014 American Control Conference, Portland, USA, 2014, p 3083 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Takács, G., Polóni, T., Rohal-Ilkiv, B.: Adaptive model predictive vibration control of a cantilever beam with real-time parameter estimation. Shock. Vib. 2014, 1–15 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Junfeng, H., Dachang, Z., Qiang, C.: Vibration control of a smart beam using H∞ control. In: Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, 28–29 March 2011 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Birs, I.R., Folea, S., Copot, D., et al.: Comparative analysis and experimental results of advanced control strategies for vibration suppression in aircraft wings. In: Proceedings of the 13th European Workshop on Advanced Control and Diagnosis, Lille France 2016. IOP Conference Series: Journal of Physics: Conf. Series, vol. 783 (2016a)Google Scholar
- 8.Muresan, C.I., Birs, I.R., Folea, S., et al: Experimental results of a fractional order PDλ controller for vibration suppression. In: Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision ICARCV, Phuket, Thailand 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICARCV.2016.7838715 (2016)
- 10.Copot, C., Muresan, C.I., Ionescu, C.M., et al.: Fractional order control of a DC motor with load changes. In: Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Optimization of Electrical and Electronic Equipment OPTIM, Bran, Romania 2014, p 956 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Folea, S., De Keyser, R., Birs, I.R., et al.: Discrete-time implementation and experimental validation of a fractional order PD controller for vibration suppression in airplane wings. Acta. Polytech. Ther. Hung. 14(1), 191–206 (2017)Google Scholar