Future of Capability Management
Capability management has been the subject of a lot of research during the past years. Many of the results achieved have been presented in the previous chapters. Although the advancements have been substantial, a number of open issues and research questions remain. The chapter gives a summary on the ongoing research in the field and an outlook on future activities. More specifically, we discuss capability management for increasing cyber resilience, supporting digital transformation in organizations, managing big data, as well as carrying out continuous information system development.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Björck, F., Henkel, M., Stirna, J., Zdravkovic, J.: Cyber resilience – fundamentals for a definition. In: Rocha, A., Correia, A., Costanzo, S., Reis, L. (eds.) New Contributions in Information Systems and Technologies. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 353. Springer, Berlin (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.GDPR Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Text with EEA relevance), (2015) ELI. http://data.europa.eu/eli/reg/2016/679/oj
- 3.World Economic Forum: Digital Transformation of Industries: Digital Enterprise. White Paper (2016). http://reports.weforum.org/digital-transformation/wp-content/blogs.dir/94/mp/files/pages/files/digital-enterprise-narrative-final-january-2016.pdf
- 4.Berman, S.J., Bell, R.: Digital Transformation: Creating New Business Models Where Digital Meets Physical, pp. 1–17. IBM Institute for Business Value (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Manyika, J., Chui, M., Brown, B., Bughin, J., Dobbs, R., Roxburgh, C., Hung Byers, A.: Big Data: The Next Frontier for Innovation, Competition, and Productivity. McKinsey Global Institute, Report, Digital McKinsey (2011). https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/digital-mckinsey/our-insights/big-data-the-next-frontier-for-innovation
- 6.Mayer-Schönberger, V., Cukier K.: Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think – A Review. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, New York (2013). ISBN: 978-0-544-00269-2Google Scholar
- 7.The Guardian, US Weather. Winter Storm Brings Near-Record Snow to Eastern US as 19 Deaths Reported. Saturday, 23 January 2016. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jan/23/winter-storm-east-coast-snow-blizzard-new-york-baltimore-washington-philadelphia
- 8.Svee, E., Zdravkovic, J.: A model-based approach for capturing consumer preferences from crowdsources: the case of Twitter. In: RCIS 2016, pp. 1–12. IEEE (2013). ISBN: 978-1-4799-8710-8Google Scholar