ALER Building in Cinisello Balsamo (MI): An Example of Energy Efficient Refurbishment with EASEE Method
survey campaign of the existing building’s envelope by means of laser scanning technologies and thermographic survey for the identification of non-homogeneous parts of the building structure, to support the technological design as well as the installation of the prefabricated panels;
use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) aimed at supporting the design of both the prefabricated panels and the anchoring systems, towards the automation in the installation of the elements as well as the energy performance evaluation over time;
architectural and executive design of the energetic renovation and manufacturing of 186 insulating prefabricated panels, for a total of 28 different typologies, having different sizes, colors and finishing (with and without specific textures);
panels’ installation to the existing building facades by means of steel profiles and realization of the finishing works.
Before and after the installation of the prefabricated insulating panels, a dedicated monitoring campaign was performed for the evaluation of the thermal performance of the building, whose main results are also provided in this paper.
This energetic renovation project has been performed in the framework of the European research project EASEE (“Envelope Approach to improve Sustainability and Energy efficiency in Existing buildings”), funded by the European Union under the 7th Framework Programme for Research and Development. This project, along its four years of duration, was aimed at developing innovative solutions for the energy upgrading of multi-storey residential buildings built before 1975, in a historical period in which the focus on energy efficiency was not so pressing, thus being highly energy-consuming buildings.
KeywordsEnergy performance Lightweight modular prefabricated multi-layer insulating panel BIM approach
This research was carried out in the framework of the EASEE “Envelope Approach to improve Sustainability and Energy efficiency in Existing buildings” project, which has received funding from the European Union Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under Grant Agreement No. 285540 (Call FP7-2011-NMP ENV-ENERGY-ICT-EeB).
- 1.https://www.easee-project.eu/. Accessed 10 July 2016
- 2.Colombo IG, Colombo M, di Prisco M (2014) Pannello multi-strato prefabbricato di facciata: ottimizzazione strutturale per l’adeguamento energetico e per costruzioni sostenibili. Atti del Convegno CTE, MilanoGoogle Scholar
- 3.Colombo IG, Colombo M, Magri A, Zani G, di Prisco M (2012) Malte rinforzate con reti in fibra di vetro alcalino-resistenti: un’indagine sperimentale sui parametri di progetto. Atti del Convegno CTE, BolognaGoogle Scholar
- 4.Colombo IG, Colombo M, di Prisco M (2014) Comportamento a trazione del calcestruzzo rinforzato con rete in fibra di vetro (TRC) soggetto a cicli di gelo-disgelo in condizione non fessurata e prefessurata. Atti del Convegno CTE, MilanoGoogle Scholar
- 5.UNI EN 13163 (2009) Thermal insulation products for buildings – Factory made products of expanded polystyrene (EPS) – SpecificationGoogle Scholar