Medical Classifications and Terminologies
- 12k Downloads
This chapter presents the different medical classifications and terminologies as ICD diagnosis codes, SNOMED CT, MeSH, UMLS, ATC etc.
- Ahltorp, M., Skeppstedt, M., Kitajima, S., Rzepka, R., & Araki, K. (2014). Medical vocabulary mining using distributional semantics on Japanese patient blogs. In 6th International Symposium on Semantic Mining in Biomedicine (SMBM), Aveiro, Portugal, October 6–7, 2014 (pp. 57–62).Google Scholar
- Alfalahi, A., Skeppstedt, M., Ahlbom, R., Baskalayci, R., Henriksson, A., Asker, L., et al. (2015). Expanding a dictionary of marker words for uncertainty and negation using distributional semantics. In Proceedings of the Sixth International Workshop on Health Text Mining and Information Analysis, Louhi, Held in Conjunction with EMNLP 2015, Lisbon, Portugal (pp. 90–96). Association for Computational Linguistics.Google Scholar
- Chen, R., & Klein, G. (2007). The openEHR Java reference implementation project. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 129(1), 58.Google Scholar
- Chen, R., Klein, G. O., Sundvall, E., Karlsson, D., & Åhlfeldt, H. (2009). Archetype-based conversion of EHR content models: Pilot experience with a regional EHR system. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 9(1), 33.Google Scholar
- Henriksson, A., Moen, H., Skeppstedt, M., Daudaravicius, V., & Duneld, M. (2014). Synonym extraction and abbreviation expansion with ensembles of semantic spaces. Journal of Biomedical Semantics, 5, 6.Google Scholar
- Humphreys, B. L., Lindberg, D. A. B., Schoolman, H. M., & Barnett, G. O. (1998). The unified medical language system. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 5(1), 1–11.Google Scholar
- IHTSDO. (2016). SNOMED-CT, Systematized nomenclature of medicine-clinical terms. http://www.ihtsdo.org/snomed-ct/. Accessed 11 Jan 2018.
- Liu, H., Aronson, A. R., & Friedman, C. (2002). A study of abbreviations in medline abstracts. In AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings (p. 464). American Medical Informatics Association.Google Scholar
- Moriyama, I. M., Loy, R. M., Robb-Smith, A. H., Rosenberg, H. M., & Hoyert, D. L. (2011). History of the Statistical Classification of Diseases and Causes of Death. US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics.Google Scholar
- Skeppstedt, M., Kvist, M., & Dalianis, H. (2012). Rule-based entity recognition and coverage of SNOMED CT in Swedish clinical text. In Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC 2012 (pp. 1250–1257).Google Scholar
- Suominen, H., Salanterä, S., Velupillai, S., Chapman, W. W., Savova, G., Elhadad, N., et al. (2013). Overview of the ShARe/CLEF eHealth Evaluation Lab 2013. In Information Access Evaluation. Multilinguality, Multimodality, and Visualization (pp. 212–231). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made. The images or other third party material in this book are included in the book's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the book's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.