Research on Fine-Grained Linked Data Creation for Digital Library Resources
The best practices for publishing linked data have been adopted by an increasing number of libraries, leading to the creation of a global data space-the web of digital library data. However, in library linked data publishing, most of the existing researches mainly focus on structured and semi-structured digital library resources (for example catalogue data). Researches on publishing unstructured digital library resources (for example: contents of papers) are seldom. In order to overcome this problem, this paper proposes a fine-grained linked data creation method to publish the papers stored in digital libraries into linked data. At last, in order to evaluate this method, this paper conducted an experiment on the papers on “text segmentation”. From the experiment results we find that our fine-grained linked data creation method is feasible and will promote the opening access to digital libraries resources.
KeywordsLinked data Creation Digital library Fine granularity
This study is supported by MOE (Ministry of Education in China) Project of Humanities and Social Science: “Research on the Multi-granularity Hierarchical Topic-based Segmentation of the Digital Library Resources” (Project No. 16YJC870003).
- Auer, S., Dietzold, S., Lehmann, J., Hellmann, S., Aumueller, D.: Triplify: light-weight linked data publication from relational databases. In: 18th Proceedings of International Conference on World Wide Web, pp. 621–630. IEEE, Madrid (2009)Google Scholar
- Berners-Lee, T.: Linked Data (2009). http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html. Accessed 10 June 2015
- Berrueta, D., Phipps, J.: Best Practice Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies - W3C Working Group Note (2008). http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/. Accessed 14 June 2015
- Bizer, C., Cyganiak, R.: D2R server-publishing relational databases on the semantic web. In: 5th Poster of International Semantic Web Conference, pp. 360–369. Georgia Center for Continuing Education, Athens (2006)Google Scholar
- Bizer, C., Cyganiak, R. Heath, T.: How to Publish Linked Data on the Web (2007). http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/pub/LinkedDataTutorial/. Accessed 14 June 2016
- Coetzee, P., Heath, T., Motta, E.: SparqPlug: generating linked data from legacy HTML, SPARQL and the DOM. In: 1st Proceedings of Workshop on Linked Data on the Web (LDOW 2008), Beijing, China (2008)Google Scholar
- Cyganiak, R., Bizer, C.: Pubby - A Linked Data Frontend for SPARQL Endpoints. http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/pubby/. Accessed 14 June 2016
- Neubert, J.: Bringing the “Thesaurus for Economics” on to the web of linked data. In: Proceedings of WWW Workshop on Linked Data on the Web, Madrid, Spain (2009)Google Scholar