Semi-fragile Watermarking Algorithm Based on Arnold Scrambling for Three-Layer Tamper Localization and Restoration
To protect the content integrity, authenticity and improve the effect of tamper localization and recovery, this paper designs and implements a semi-fragile watermark based on Arnold transformation, which is used to localize and recover tamper of confused image and plain-image. The sender encodes the watermark into the 2-bit least significant bit of the pixel of the original image, and the authentication watermark consists of the pixel value comparison result and the parity check code; the recovery watermark is the pixel value of the Torus image block. In the detection side, the plain-image adopts the stratified idea, carries on the three-level tamper localization and recovery, the third-party authentication institution can detect tamper of the scrambled image using the layer detection method, the receiver will detect the positioning result again. The experimental results show that the proposed algorithm can accurately locate tamper and realize the content recovery and effectively prevent the vector quantization attack. Compared with other algorithms, this algorithm has better effect of tamper localization and recovery.
KeywordsSemi-fragile watermark Arnold scrambling Hierarchical tamper localization Tamper recovery Torus self-isomorphism mapping
This paper is supported by the National Science Foundation of China under grant No. 61401060, 61501080, 61572095 and 61771090, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities’ under No. DUT16QY09, and the Social Science Foundation of Jiangxi Province, China No. 15JY48.
- 2.Potdar, V.M., Han, S., Chang, E.: A survey of digital image watermarking techniques (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Walton, S.: Information authentication for a slippery new age. Dr. Dobbs J. 20(4), 18–26 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Fridrich, J., Goljan, M.: Images with self-correcting capabilities. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP 1999, vol. 3, pp. 792–796. IEEE (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Sikder, I., Dhar, P.K., Shimamura, T.: A semi-fragile watermarking method using slant transform and LU decomposition for image authentication. In: International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering, pp. 881–885. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Hore, A., Ziou, D.: Image quality metrics: PSNR vs. SSIM. In: International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 2366–2369. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, Q., Jiang, X., et al.: A unified digital watermark algorithm based on singular value decomposition and spread spectrum technology. Acta Electron. Sin. 4, 621–624 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Arnold, V.I.: Geometrical Methods in the Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations, 2nd edn., 351 pp. Springer, New York (1988). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4612-1037-5. Rota, G.C. Adv. Math. 80(2), 269 (1990)
- 11.Qiu, T., Qiao, R., Wu, D.O.: EABS: an event-aware backpressure scheduling scheme for emergency internet of things. IEEE Trans. Mobile Comput. 17(1) (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2017.2702670