Reliable Mutual Node Evaluation for Trust-Based OLSR in Tactical MANETs
This paper proposes a mutual node evaluation method in mobile ad hoc networks to recognize and reliably remove attacker nodes from deteriorating the network. We focus on a tactical networking environment, where the network is generally maintained in harsh and hostile areas while the applications require stringent service requirements. In these kinds of environments, it is desirable to utilize proactive routing methods such as Optimized Link State Routing (OLSR). However, OLSR have weaknesses against various security attacks. To solve this problem, we provide a trust-based evaluation approach where node evaluate each other based on the packet forwarding capabilities. We prove the performance of our proposed method through NS-3.
KeywordsTrust-based routing Mobile ad hoc networks Tactical networks Optimized Link State Routing
This research was supported in part by the MIST (Ministry of Science and ICT), Korea, under the National Program for Excellence in SW supervised by the IITP (Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion) (20150009080031001), and Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education (NRF-2015R1D1A1A01059049).
- 1.Clausen, T., Jacquet, P., Laoiti, A., Minet, P., Muhlethaler, P., Qayyum, A., Viennot, L.: Optimized Link State Routing Protocol. IETF Internet Request For Comments RFC 3626 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Ronggong, S., Mason Peter, C.: ROLSR: a robust optimized link state routing protocol for military ad-hoc networks. In: IEEE MILCOM 2010 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Kannhavong, B., Nakayama, H., Nemoto, Y., Kato, N., Jamalipour, A.: SA-OLSR: security aware optimized link state routing for mobile ad hoc networks. In: IEEE ICC 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Gerhards-Padilla, E., Aschenbruck, N., Martini, P., Jahnke, M., Tolle, J.: Detecting black hole attacks in tactical MANETs using topology graphs. In: IEEE LCN 2007 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Postel, J.: Transmission Control Protocol. Internet Request For Comments RFC 793 (1981)Google Scholar