An Intra-slice Chaotic-Based Security Solution for Privacy Preservation in Future 5G Systems
The great heterogeneity of applications supported by future 5G mobile systems makes very difficult to imagine how an uniform network solution may satisfy in an efficient way all user requirements. Thus, several authors have proposed the idea of network slicing, a technique where network resources are packaged and assigned in an isolated manner to set of users according to their specific requirements. In this context, different slices for IoT systems, eHealth applications or standard mobile communications have been defined. For each slice, specific intra-slice solutions for device management, security provision, and other important pending challenges must be investigated and proposed. Therefore, in this paper an intra-slice chaotic-based security solution for privacy preservation is described. The presented solution employs various mathematical procedures to transform the three chaotic signals of Lorenz dynamics into three binary flows, employed to cipher and mask the private information, using a reduced resource microcontroller. A first implementation of the proposed system is also described in order to validate the described solution.
Keywords5G Network slicing Security Chaos CDMA systems Cryptography
Borja Bordel has received funding from the Ministry of Education through the FPU program (grant number FPU15/03977) and from the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness through SEMOLA project (TEC2015-68284-R).
- 2.Sánchez, B.B., Sánchez-Picot, Á., De Rivera, D.S.: Using 5G technologies in the Internet of Things handovers, problems and challenges. In: 9th International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (IMIS), pp. 364–369. IEEE, July 2015Google Scholar
- 12.Kamat, P., Xu, W., Trappe, W., Zhang, Y.: Temporal privacy in wireless sensor networks. In: 27th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2007), pp. 23. IEEE, June 2007Google Scholar
- 13.Jian, Y., Chen, S., Zhang, Z., Zhang, L. Protecting receiver-location privacy in wireless sensor networks. In: 26th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2007), pp. 1955–1963. IEEE, May 2007Google Scholar
- 15.He, W., Liu, X., Nguyen, H., Nahrstedt, K., Abdelzaher, T.: PDA: privacy-preserving data aggregation in wireless sensor networks. In: 26th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2007), pp. 2045–2053. IEEE, May 2007Google Scholar
- 16.Zhang, W., Wang, C., Feng, T.: GP2S: generic privacy-preservation solutions for approximate aggregation of sensor data (concise contribution). In: Sixth Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2008), pp. 179–184. IEEE, March 2008Google Scholar
- 24.Abdullah, H.N.: Chaotic multiple access system based on orthogonal chaotic vector of Lorenz system. Al-Nahrain J. Eng. Sci. 18(2), 219–228 (2017)Google Scholar