A P2P Algorithm for a Smart Information System
Last generation applications, often, generate a huge amount of data also characterized by high variety and velocity, like those Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm based. Big data analytics increasingly drive decision making in several fields and, then, new approaches and methodologies are needed to improve management operations. Mobile, social and ubiquitous services, comprising data sources and middleware, can be considered a dynamic content, and an effective solution to manage contents are the Content Delivery Networks (CDNs). However, CDNs show limits in dynamic and large systems in which a large amount of data is managed. To deal with these weaknesses and exploit their benefits, new algorithms and approaches have to be designed and employed. This paper introduces RadixOne, a distributed and self-organizing algorithm, to build an information system in pervasive and dynamic environments. Thanks to autonomous and local operations performed by hosts of a distributed system, a logically organized overlay network emerges and the resource discovery operations faster and efficient. Preliminary experimental results show the effectiveness of our approach.
KeywordsDistributed algorithm Self-organization Overlay network Content delivery networks
- 2.Crespo, A., Garcia-Molina, H.: Routing indices for peer-to-peer systems. In: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems ICDCS 2002, pp. 23–33 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, J., Shvartzshnaider, Y., Francisco, J.A., Martin, R.P., Nagaraja, K., Raychaudhuri, D.: Delivering internet-of-things services in mobility first future internet architecture. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on the Internet of Things (IOT), pp. 31–38. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Oppenheimer, D., Albrecht, J., Patterson, D., Vahdat, A.: Design and implementation tradeoffs for wide-area resource discovery. In: Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing. Research Triangle Park, NC, USA (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Platzer, C., Dustdar, S.: A vector space search engine for web services. In: Proceedings of the Third European Conference on Web Services ECOWS 2005, p. 62, Washington, DC, USA. IEEE Computer Society (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Yin, H., Liu, X., Zhan, T., Sekar, V., Qiu, F., Lin, C., Zhang, H., Li, B.: Design and deployment of a hybrid CDN-p2p system for live video streaming: experiences with livesky. In: Proceedings of the 17th ACM International Conference on Multimedia MM 2009, pp. 25–34. (2009)Google Scholar