Can We Build Recommender System for Artwork Evaluation?
The aim of this paper is to propose a strategy of building recommender system for assigning a price tag to an artwork. The other goal is to verify a hypothesis about existence of a co-relation between certain attributes used to describe a painting and its price. The paper examines the possibility of using methods of data mining in the field of art marketing. It also describes the main aspects of system architecture and performed data mining experiments as well as processes connected with data collection from the World Wide Web.
KeywordsData mining Recommender systems Art market Paintings
- 2.Kuang, J., Daniel, A., Johnston, J., Ras, Z.: Hierarchically structured recommender system for improving NPS of a company. LNCS, vol. 8536. Springer (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.SaatchiArt, Home page. http://www.saatchiart.com/
- 4.Artfinder, Home page. https://pl.artfinder.com/
- 5.UGallery, Home page. http://www.ugallery.com/
- 6.DeviantArt, Home page. http://www.deviantart.com/
- 7.Wikipedia, Saatchi gallery. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SaatchiXXSlahUndXXGallery
- 8.MathWorks, Image classification with bag of visual words. http://www.mathworks.com/help/vision/ug/image-classification-withbag-of-visual-words.html