The Convergence of AI and Blockchain
This is likely the most technical chapter of the book, although it is explained in a comprehensible language. It deals with the intersection between AI and blockchain and how they are affecting each other. A primer on blockchain is provided, as well as a full map of players working with those two exponential technologies.
- Catalini, C., & Gans, J. S. (2017). Some simple economics of the blockchain. MIT Sloan School Working Paper, pp. 5191–5116.Google Scholar
- Deloitte. (2016). Blockchain Enigma. Paradox. Opportunity. White Paper.Google Scholar
- Iansiti, M., & Lakhani, K. R. (2017, January–February). The truth about blockchain. Harvard Business Review, 118–127.Google Scholar
- Lipton, A. (2017). Blockchains and distributed ledgers in retrospective and perspective. arXiv:1703.01505.
- Mazieres, D. (2016). The stellar consensus protocol: A federated model for internet-level consensus. White Paper.Google Scholar
- Mingxiao, D., Xiaofeng, M., Zhe, Z., Xiangwei, W., & Qijun, C. (2017, October 5–8). A review on consensus algorithm of blockchain. In 2017 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC). Canada: Banff Center, Banff.Google Scholar
- Nakamoto, S. (2008). Bitcoin: A peer-to-peer electronic cash system. White Paper.Google Scholar
- O’Dwyer, K. J., & Malone, D. (2014). Bitcoin mining and its energy footprint. In 25th IET Irish Signals & Systems Conference 2014 and 2014 China-Ireland International Conference on Information and Communications Technologies (ISSC 2014/CIICT 2014), Limerick (pp. 280–285).Google Scholar
- Outlier Ventures. (2017). Blockchain-enabled convergence. White Paper.Google Scholar
- Sasson, E. B., Chiesa, A., Garman, C., Green, M., Miers, I., Tromer, E., et al. (2014). Zerocash: Decentralized anonymous payments from bitcoin. In 2014 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (SP) (pp. 459–474).Google Scholar
- Unicredit. (2016). Blockchain technology and applications from a financial perspective. Technical Report.Google Scholar
- Vasin, P. (2014). BlackCoin’s proof-of-stake protocol v2. White Paper.Google Scholar
- Zyskind, G., Nathan, O., & Pentland, A. (2015). Enigma: Decentralized computation platform with guaranteed privacy. arXiv:1506.03471.