Value-Based Healthcare Purchasing
The US healthcare system is undergoing a value-based transformation. Value-based purchasing is a demand-side strategy to reward quality in healthcare delivery. The opportunities and challenges involved in value-based transformation are real and substantial. The scope of transformation of the US healthcare system includes all healthcare providers, healthcare systems, consumers, and healthcare educational institutions.
KeywordsValue-based purchasing Quality in healthcare delivery
- 7.The National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine. Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st Century. http://nationalacademies.org/hmd/reports/2001/crossing-the-quality-chasm-a-new-health-system-for-the-21st-century.aspx. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.
- 9.Institute of Medicine. Interim report of the committee on geographic variation in health care spending and promotion of high value care: preliminary committee observations. http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=18308. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.
- 11.American Board of Internal Medicine Foundation. Choosing Wisely Campaign. www.choosingwisely.org. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.
- 13.American College of Physicians medical knowledge self-assessment program, 17, American College of Physicians, c 2015, Philadelphia.Google Scholar
- 14.American Geriatrics Society. Choosing wisely campaign. 2015. http://www.choosingwisely.org/societies/american-geriatrics-society/. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.
- 15.Kautter J, Pope CG, Ingber M, et al. The HHS-HCC risk adjustment model for individual and small group markets under the affordable care act. Medicare Medicaid Res Rev. 2014;4:E1–E11.Google Scholar
- 16.The Centers for Disease Control. Social determinants of health. https://www.cdc.gov/socialdeterminants/. Accessed 7 Oct 2017.
- 20.National Academy of Medicine. Effective care for high need patients: opportunities for improving outcomes, value, and health. https://nam.edu/initiatives/clinician-resilience-and-well-being/effective-care-for-high-need-patients/. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.
- 25.http://www.ichom.org/medical-conditions/older-person/. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.
- 26.https://www.cherp.research.va.gov/PROMISE/index.asp. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.