Introduction: Creative Mobile Media II—Making a Difference
Creative Mobile Media II: Making a Difference provides an overview of the edited collection and outlines its structure in the three sections: Story-making, Making spaces and Making change. This introduction frames the book theoretically and illustrates the continuation from Creative Mobile Media in an Age of Smartphones. While our previous volume focused on creative projects as inspiration for debates relating to aesthetics, space and place, knowledge and stories and the self, Creative Mobile Media II explores how smartphones may influence to social change and can further expand the definition of creative practices relating to the field of screen media. Story-making can contribute to formulating democratic processes and equity, which are imperative to create change and challenge traditional models of media production and consumption.
KeywordsStory-making Making spaces Making change
- Arthur, C. (2006, July 20). What is the 1% rule? The Guardian.Google Scholar
- Cammaer, G. (2017). Mobilarte. https://vimeo.com/90022219 [accessed 1 October 2017].
- Grainge, P. (2011). Ephemeral media: Transitory screen culture from television to YouTube. London: Palgrave.Google Scholar
- Jenkins, H. (2013). Spreadable media: Creating value and meaning in a networked culture. New York: NYU Press.Google Scholar
- Jenkins, H., Purushotma, R., Weigel, M., Clinton, K., & Robison, A. (2009). Confronting the challenges of participatory culture: Media education for the 21st century. Cambridge: MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Larson, K. (2015). Building a YouTube content strategy: Lessons from Google BrandLab. https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/marketing-resources/building-youtube-content-strategy-lessons-from-google-brandlab/ [accessed 1 October 2017].
- Manovich, L. (2008). Software takes command. New York: Bloomsbury.Google Scholar
- McGuinness, P. (2016). The people formerly known as the audience: Power shift in the digital age. Communication Research and Practice, 2(4), 520–527.Google Scholar
- Nielsen, J. (2006). https://www.nngroup.com/articles/participation-inequality/ [accessed 1 October 2017].
- Schleser, M., & David, G. (2013, August). Mobile AR: Creating augmented experiences. Anti-po-des Design Journal, 2, 35–45.Google Scholar